Everyone (me) wants easy. Easy to make food that tastes incredible….and is super healthy too. Only one dish falls into this category so far- although I live in hope of finding more- and that’s Bliss Balls.
Bliss balls are everywhere now. In all the healthy cafes, health food stores and anywhere nutrient-dense healthy food is sold. This is very good news as it makes grabbing a snack on the go, that will fuel your body rather than deplete it, much easier. But there are bliss balls and then there are BLISS BALLS. This recipe is a BLISS BALL recipe and I am sorry to say that this recipe will ruin you for store bought bliss balls. Forever.
What is a Bliss Ball?
It’s raw baking at it’s finest and easiest. It’s a blend of nuts, seeds, oils, dried fruit, coconut, a tiny bit of unrefined sweetners and in my case, essential oils. Blended together just enough to break the ingredients down and get them to hold together, then rolled into a ball shape. Because it’s a raw baking dish it has all the goodness of the plants and seeds and is a nutrient-dense powerhouse. It will give you energy to burn and is a fantastic snack for children. There are loads of recipes out there but try to keep to the ones that are low on sweetners. Dried fruit has enough sweetness on it’s own mostly. And if you can activate the nuts and seeds you use, all the better.
- 3 cup of raw cashews
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup of dried coconut
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of a sweetener (rice syrup, coconut syrup, maple syrup)
- 1 drop of doTerra lemon oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the cashews are broken down into smallish prices. Children tend to like "smoother" bliss balls so if making a batch for the school lunchbox pulse a bit longer to get all the ingredients broken down more.
- Roll the mixture into balls- big enough for two bites each.
- Store in the fridge- they will last about a week in the fridge. These freeze well too so are great to make in bulk!
- Makes roughly 25 medium size balls.
This is a recipe you will come back to time and again. Feel free to adjust the amounts of the ingredients to suit your taste.