Soups are one of the best things about Winter. As the weather cools I move away from smoothies and start to crave soup. Pumpkin soup is one of my all time favourite kinds of soup! This recipe is so easy and according to my husband, is the best pumpkin soup he has ever tasted. If you knew my cooking ability you would realise what a compliment this is. I am an amazing baker but terrible cook!
This is such an easy recipe and the quantities can be adjusted to suit what you have. Roasting the veggies before hand adds a lovely flavour to the soup AND makes the pumpkin and butternut a lot easier to prepare! Another option would be to add coconut cream or coconut milk to the pumpkin soup at the end. I wasn’t sure how this would go down with the kiddies so left this out but I think it would be a tasty addition.
- 1 medium crown pumpkin
- 1 large butternut
- 3 medium white onions, peeled
- 5 medium carrots, peeled
- 1.5L of stock, chicken or vegetable
- 1 drop of dōTERRA Cumin essential oil
- 3 drops of dōTERRA Ginger essential oil
- 3 drops of dōTERRA Black Pepper essential oil
- Cracked black pepper and sea salt
- Roast all vegetables at 180° until cooked. Place the pumpkin and butternut on a separate tray to the onions and carrots as they will take different amount of time to cook. Check if the vegetables are cooked by inserting a sharp knife into the veggies, they need to be soft. Remove once cooked.
- Peel the pumpkin & butternut and scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Roughly chop all vegetables and add to a large pot with the stock.
- Bring to the boil and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend all vegetables until soup is smooth**
- Add essential oils.
- Season with black pepper and salt to taste.
** Blend vegetables in pot with a stick/ hand held blender or transfer to a freestanding blender in portions. BE CAREFUL as the soup will be very hot. If concerned, allow the soup to cool before blending.
Keen to get your own essential oils to add flavour to your cooking and baking?
If you want to get your hands on your own oils and join Oiltribe go here. Click on “Join & Save” and select the “WHOLESALE Customer” option. We’d love to have you in the tribe. You will be well supported through our community and have access to learning & resources. And I can show you how to get started on the Loyalty Program too!